Battery Boost Service.
If your battery has run down, a service operator will provide a boost in an attempt to enable your vehicle to proceed under its own power.
Winching and Extrication Service.
Your vehicle will be extricated/winched when it can be safely reached from a cleared, normally travelled road.
If the breakdown is due to an accident, there will be a charge for the towing service, as accident damage is not covered under the smartmove Assistance program. Charges will depend on the distance the tow truck must travel to retrieve your vehicle and deliver it to the repair facility. We recommend to have your smart towed to the nearest authorized smart dealer. Remember, it is your right to choose the repair facility.
Flat Tire Service.
If your vehicle has a flat tire, the service operator will attempt to inflate the flat tire with the tire sealant included in your vehicle breakdown set.
In the event of a mechanical breakdown, if attempts to make your vehicle safely operable at roadside have been unsuccessful, towing service will be provided free of charge to the nearest authorized smart dealer in Canada, up to a maximum of 400km. Please remember to contact your servicing dealer to advise them of your breakdown and to discuss and/or authorize the necessary repairs.
Trip Interruption Benefits.
If your vehicle is unable to proceed under its own power due to a non-accident related mechanical breakdown, smartmove Assistance will provide reimbursement for alternative transportation up to $200.00 per incident. (Note, this benefit does not apply for towing required as a result of an unsuccessful tire service, as this is not considered a mechanical breakdown.)
How to claim for reimbursement:
1. Claims must be submitted to smartmove Assistance within 30 days of the date of breakdown.
2. Indicate the cause and location of the breakdown. Towing claims must be accompanied by the original tow invoice.
3. Enclose a photocopy of the detailed repair invoice and original invoices/receipts for the alternate transportation costs incurred.
4. A cheque is sent upon receipt and confirmation of information (please allow 30 days for processing).
5. Reimbursement applies for breakdowns occurring anywhere in Canada and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc.
6. For reimbursement, please address claims to: smartmove Assistance, P.O. Box 5845, London, Ontario, N6A 4T4.